Thread: question
View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-18-2011, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon_BlownApart
I'm not offended, just trying to let you know what the current difficulties are in regard to your ideas about collaboration. When I'm done with my current re-edit of my 6 mission story arc I'll possibly be looking for something to do. The problem is I'm almost out of mission slots.

It would be difficult for me to do many more missions with the current situation until this situation is clarified. To make matters worse, Foundry missions currently on the tribble test server won't be movable to the holodeck server when the Foundry goes live.

So that makes creating more missions essentially double duty, to make them once on the test server and then re-make them on the live server. That is a significant amount of time and effort to do as I have 6 missions of great complexity to copy over already.

So, while your idea of collaboration is great, it will be a while before it is practical to do so.
i totally agree. especially about the fact that it is still on tribble.. right now i want to try to get a few people of talent together to get some story ideas flowing.. work out the kinks and create something great.. my real strength is story and creativity along with critiquing, story structure, and also character profiling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by filbones View Post
Napoleon is very hard to upset. He is a great author and knows how to take criticism. He also has my disease of being very misunderstood on the forums. I think we both have had to learn how to control our sense of humour in the fear of upsetting people and being labelled trolls.

I think most people will gladly give up a foundry slot to create someone else's story. Of coarse it would have to be a good story worth designing. The import export function for other peoples missions, I think is not currently working, and am not sure if it will ever work. I can see many users having disputes over this, but I'm not going to worry, because I already have some great writers who have asked me to do there missions once foundry hits tribble. I guess people will have to be very choosy who they work with.

My question to you guys would be this.

Would you pay for extra Foundry slots?
I would.
both of you seem to be really solid thinkers and analysts..very good qualities to have>
from my impressions, it would be really cool,someday, to be able to work as a team and create some good stuff.. especially when the foundry starts to really form into something solid and jump into holodeck. I have a few basic story principles floating in my head and an idea for a central operating base for them.. if either, or both are interested in hearing the ideas, and would like to see if they provide enough inspiration to attempt some kind of collaboration, i would welcome it, as well as welcome the critiquing. PM me if you would like. if nothing else, make a few new freinds