Thread: Foundry Ground
View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-22-2011, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter1978
What i do want is this keep them friendly until I do something.
The Borg will ignore you until they see you as an thread. That means interacting with something that is forbidden or shoot a drone then they will attack you .
You can add NPC group by having a trigger on some console. Granted, this mean additional Borg will beam in but I think this is approximately the effect you wanted.

Quote:
When I want an UGC to walk from place to place like standing guard they also do not what I want .
You can use "wander" but at the moment you cannot say directly where they should wander. You can, however, define how far they may wander from their starting point.

Quote:
Like the Borg extractor is it just decor or can you let it do something .
You can use it like any other item. You can set it to interact or place an NPC that has an appropriate Idle-task assigned to it.

Quote:
And the thing most irritating is the view only from the top you can not see o this is an console or a chair or a table. And I build a bridge from scratch and try to let people do something on the bridge but they don't move or work or anything .
You have to place NPC manually (which is a little fiddely until you know the approximate X and Z coordinates you need to place an NPC) and assign them idle-tasks like "typing - sitting" or some such tasks.

You can also use consoles that have little red men in their preview picture. NPCs set on wander and "jobs" will use these consoles automatically.