View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-25-2011, 08:53 PM
Elite Force 1 and 2 are great games, lots of fun to play. I think 2 is the better of the pair. The first also has an expansion that you can only get in a came combo-pack with EF1, Armada, and I forget the other game... anyway, it's really hard to find. Most of the old trek games are.

Armada 1 and 2 aren't bad. Personally, I think the best part of these two is all the mods people have made for them over the years. I'd recommend checking out the Fleet Operations mod of you get either of these.

Bridge Commander is sort of comes down to a starship simulator. You fly one ship, and you fight a bunch of other ships in 3D combat. This is another one that people have modded like crazy to make it fantastic.

Legacy I still have mixed feelings about. It was a big disappointed in my opinion, you command four ship, combat is a bit similar to STO in that it's not entirely 3D (you can go up and down, you just can't make that full 360 loop). Again, like pretty much all the other old trek games, mods are all over the place to add a ton of player content, mostly more ships.

The Starfleet Command games are fun. They're pretty old, the first two we're made by Interplay so you know they're pretty old. No Z-axis combat is a bit simplistic, but the combat is different enough from other Trek games to hold an appeal of its own in my opinion.

New Worlds isn't that great in my opinion. It's a ground base game, the first for the Trek game, but just feels like a very simple, generic rts.