View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-29-2011, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahn View Post
So I've been trying my best to stay away form the Foundry on Tribble so I can get a much better experience with it once it hit Holodeck. Well last night I got in and started working on a mission. I read though all the EULA and such but here's an odd question I had..
Good to here. Shame though other wise you wouldn't have to of gone through the scrutiny of the new public.

Quote:
What if you wanted to create a mission that encountered a NASA probe? Say Voyager II out in space somewhere. Since technically Voyager II wasn't the famed V'GR from The Motion Picture, could we feature it in an episode? I know you cant make it in space, but say you ran into some debris or something and your BO's were like "OMG It's Voyager II!!" Would something like that be against the EULA?
Ship Names are absolutely fine. It's just Character representation that may become a problem. Just don't copy the original V'ger Story from any book Movie or episode. Referance Written plotlines and characters to create your own story and character.

Quote:
Another thing I found interesting is if you make a mission that's say Level 16, how do you get your character to an appropriate level to play that mission? I know it's possible to use your ensign to do it, but It takes away some of the experience since you have no BO's, or decent ship gear to play the mission though before publishing it. Or if you make a mission in Borg Space can you even get there? (I haven't tried but assuming an ensign cant get to Gama Orinias it would be difficult to follow your mission though.)
The Foundry Character levels as you play in preview mode as well as if you play the character normally. This option is in the Crete Content tab. Play Character.

Quote:
Say you also create a mission and want to have a "Bad Guy". How do you get just one NPC to show up instead of a whole group of NPC's? Is it also possible with the Foundry to have your Player get the NPC to like 10% and have him beam out or halt to give you more information without killing him/her?
You can move the actors in any NPC group further away or of the map. As well as hid them somewhere and have a friendly NPC group kill the non bose NPC Actor.

Quote:
Other than that it's been a pretty good experience. I'm sure there's plenty of info on Starbase UGC, and i'm slowly sifting though it all, but just a few odd questions I had before I got too deep into a mission to realize I cant use or do something.
NP, Keep em coming.