View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-30-2011, 02:16 PM
I completely agree with both of you (Darkshrike & Heezdedjim). Cryptic do have to be careful with how they implement rewards against the possible ways of abuse. Perhaps they could have certain missions selected each week, with completion of those resulting in some form of emblem/exploration marks. But then there is the downside to people only playing them, so other creators and missions get left out and that is something we don't want. Yet without rewarding the players in some way, like i have said, over time there is only so much love we can devote to this and without some form of reward, the interest could possibly start dropping. Our time needs to be rewarded in MMO's, this is why we do what we do, be it in STO or 5/6 nights a week of Wow raids or some other game.
As Uncle Ben once said, "with great power comes great responsibility". Cryptic have a very powerful tool and one that could really change the MMO scene. Yet the responsibility to controlling abuse, implement rewards, and continuing to build and maintain interest is going to take a lot of work indeed. The players and the creators, both need to be rewarded on some level or another. I am interested in what Cryptic have planned.