View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 38
04-03-2011, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spandexjustice
And let me explain why this is bad (as I did when people complained on Champions Online).

Imagine that you have a little brother/sister/enemy. You leave yourself logged onto your less cool Ensign Mule to play with your inventory and you go to get a coke.

While you are gone, your bro/sis/enemy goes over to your computer and casually logs you out: if this leaves them in the character select screen, then can go amok and delete EVERY one of your characters. Even Captain Big Time Super Cruiser and His Amazing Phaser Mark VVVs.

If however, logging out takes you to a login page, they must know your password to do any damage.

That, my friends, is why the login should NOT be changed. It's annoying enough that it automatically fills in your password at time when you log out.

They could, of course, just have passwords needed when characters are deleted. That would work.
Enemies? With access to your computer? I think you've got bigger fish to fry Batman, if you allow the Riddler to mess with your PC. But seriously, I totally support this option in the game. In nearly every other MMO type game involving characters you have this option, including things like Diablo/Torchlight. I've got 8 characters and often have to hop between them all to take care of either fleet issues or what have you. Also, and correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you able to log out to a character select screen in beta? I believe the onus of personal PC protection falls upon the PC owner/operator, Cryptic should not have to cater to the lowest common denominator at the expense of the majority of the player base.