View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-04-2011, 09:07 AM
I've been hit by the obligatory one star reviews from people reporting that the Helna NPC is missing, or Brell is missing. It makes me mad, because I often think "Now really, was that worth rating the ENTIRE THING a 1 over?"

But To Helna and Back also tries to do a lot of things you can't do with the Foundry yet, and in doing so a side effect is that if you don't play the mission exactly the way I expect you to, you could run into problems. For instance, the Gorn needs to attack Helna at a certain time, and you need to talk to her afterwards. But you can't have combative NPC contacts, so the way I handle it is there's an NPC waypoint you have to reach where she's standing, and once you approach, a popup window for her will trigger. But if Helna dies in combat, people may never think to walk to the center of the room to trigger the waypoint, so that gets a little iffy. But for the most part, 90% of everyone who plays the mission is doing that part right.

I got a review just yesterday that said this --

"painfully bad dialog. no captain would search a system base on incoherient rambles, damage reports on ship that was undamaged, no captain would leave an ensign behind, neat idea, terribly executed.... cut out 90% of the dialog, just not needed for plot.."

Cut out the dialog? People like this can't be pleased by any mission for this matter. And the obligatory 3 star ratings with a review that's nothing but "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" get on my nerves. It kind of makes me wish there was a button where we could just delete reviews and ratings that are clearly dumb and invalid, but then we'd all just stat pad, wouldn't we?