View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-06-2011, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueheart View Post
I'm working on my second mission and I have an idea but I'm not sure how well it would be received so I thought I'd toss it out and get some feedback before adding it to my mission.

My idea is you enter a room of enemies, a room with a LOT of enemies and rather than require you fight them all the mission objective would be to make it to a reach marker, which would then initiate a map transfer.

I don't know of any enemies in the game that you can't sprint away from, and I think it might be kinda cool to be presented with an overwhelming situation that calls for a strategic retreat. Or if you're the type of person who enjoys a monumental challenge you could always try clearing them out before retreating as a type of optional objective.

So what do you guys think, if you were playing a mission and the objective was to sprint away while being chased by a significant number enemies would you think it was cool or lame?
I've done exactly what you describe in my Tribble mission, Project Revava. The sequence is called The Gauntlet and you're supposed to run through it rather than make a stand. The enemies I've put in will kill either the player or the BO's.