View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-06-2011, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
I've done exactly what you describe in my Tribble mission, Project Revava. The sequence is called The Gauntlet and you're supposed to run through it rather than make a stand. The enemies I've put in will kill either the player or the BO's.
Cool, I'll give that a try and get a feel for it. Did you happen to get any feedback specific to that portion of your mission?

I appreciate the comments. One thing I've found is that I end up spending a great deal of time on certain elements of my missions. If I were to do something like this I wouldn't want to waste a bunch of time only to get feedback indicating most players feel running away from enemies doesn't make any sense.

I do agree that it has to be done right. Walking up to a room with 5 or 6 enemies in it and having your BO tell you that you had better get the heck out of dodge is silly. In this mission I plan on making sure the player is presented with an opportunity to engage the maximum number of enemy groups the Foundry will allow. I have this really cool (i think anyway lol) vision in my head and I hope to be able to make it work right.