View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueheart View Post
Did you happen to get any feedback specific to that portion of your mission?
Oh yes I sure did. None of the comments were negative in nature, but I do make a point of explaining to the player what's going on with dialog pop-ups both by the antagonist and BO's to explain how best to play through the sequence.

Quote:
If I were to do something like this I wouldn't want to waste a bunch of time only to get feedback indicating most players feel running away from enemies doesn't make any sense.
I thought long and hard before including this sequence in. The only reason I did it was because I had no other way to ensure the player got a sense that the antagonist(s) in question could at least in theory pose a new threat to the Federation!

Quote:
I do agree that it has to be done right. Walking up to a room with 5 or 6 enemies in it and having your BO tell you that you had better get the heck out of dodge is silly.
What I did was to have the antagonist express her wishes for the player to have a glorified death (I expect you to die Mr Bond) after which a BO explains that the goal of the sequence is simply to get to the end of the map, whether by defeating the enemies, or making a run for it, that's left up to the player, of course!

Quote:
In this mission I plan on making sure the player is presented with an opportunity to engage the maximum number of enemy groups the Foundry will allow.
To be honest, I don't think that's a good idea because you'd be asking to have your mission be labeled as a grind mission which could lead to negative opinions solely because of excessive combat that may or may not serve the actual story.