View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-06-2011, 06:35 PM
In this day and age, I don't think it really matters. Back when DS9 did Rejoined it was probably more pushing the envelope for the time, but we've come a long way in the past 15 years. The funny thing was I didn't watch DS9 until last year after I started playing STO, and when I got to Rejoined it didn't really even strike me as being especially surprising or unusual.

I would suggest maybe putting in dialogue options that allow the player to explore or discourage the NPC's interest. You can have the NPC be flirtatious regardless, but the player should always have the option of ignoring it or avoiding it.

For example, you can put in the response option "I'm sorry, you're really not my type." That works equally well for a female character who is not a lesbian, a male character who is gay, a vulcan character, a character of a different species who is not interested or maybe completely incompatible, a male character who likes brunettes and the NPC is blonde, a female character who likes brunettes and the NPC is blonde, etc.