View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 1 Space NPC Issues
04-06-2011, 07:21 PM
I'm on the last leg of my mission, and I've hit something of a brick wall. I've been trying to figure out how to turn an npc costume from an ally to an enemy, and I can't get it to work. I figure, if I can't do that, then I'll just blow it up (the ship is destined to be destroyed either by its own means or by you, so it's really just a means to an end). Either way is fine, I just need some guidance with the triggers.

The transition is as follows:

You're on the ship in question, you gotta beam out. Once you beam out, there is a going to be a conversation. It is after this conversation that the ship self destructs. However, everytime I get back to my ship, the explosion effect plays even though I have it set to be invisible until the objective is complete. Also, I can't figure out how to make the ship disappear after the explosion either, as it seems to be quite immune to giant explosions...

Preferably, I'd like the ship to become an enemy. If that's not possible, then it just needs to explode and go away. I've got the script nailed, I just need to get everything in the right spot. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.