View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Wow. I'm amazed at the response to this!

The inspiration behind "Brains Before Bounty," in fact, was a desire to add another layer or dimension to the culture of the Ferengi. The Ferengi are one of my all-time favorite Star Trek races, in part because they stand apart as unique from all the other characters we see on the show. Too often, however, they've been played as two dimensional, be they villains or comic relief. I think there's plenty of potential there and opportunities to explore the Ferengi in regards to their culture, society, laws, customs, and codes of conduct. With "Brains Before Bounty," I wanted to suggest some elements of Ferengi culture we've not yet seen.

Thanks to everyone for their comments and their constructive criticism! Based on some of the reviews I've been receiving, I've made minor adjustments to the mission and released the first significant update (Version 2.0). This mainly involved scaling down a few of the mercenary mobs and clarifying early mission objectives. One of the aspects of the Foundry which is going to continually prove challenging, I think, is to determine just how combat is going to play out in a wide variety of circumstances for different players. The experience is different, after all, for each player or group. Thanks to all those who took the time to post a review.

Now back to work on my next mission... which, at this point, seems to be taking on a life of its own!