View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-08-2011, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .dlp.Mercenary
Dont even start about using walkthroughs. I started at 6:30 pm with a competent Fleet group. We were all on Vent.

5 hours later, we finish.

Why? Because of the G DEE gates.

Here's the thought process: Yay the first transformer shield is down.

Ooh spawn point. Hooray!

2nd set of transformers. 4? Hmm this will be tough.

1 hour later. FINALLY We're DONE. WHAT THERES A NOTHER SET OF 4. THAT ARE EVEN FARTHER AWAY FROM EACH OTHER!? D:<

WHAT. THE RESPAWN POINT IS ALL THE WAY UP AT THE FIRST SHIELD WE TOOK DOWN?!

Are you f ing serious cryptic. And you know what else? The drones respawn. The two groups that spawn when you mess with the transformers. They. Respawn. With an interlink node.

That is not fun. That is just pointless difficulty for no reward. We spent at least 2 hours screwing around at the last set of transformers because we kept getting overwhelmed by Elite tac drones. The game was no longer fun. And when the game is no longer fun the Developers have FAILED at making a GAME.

After we took the last gate (FINALLY). The game was a cakewalk. Hell Armek was a cakewalk. Armek you the BOSS of the encounter? Took him down in 10 mins if that.
That is because you don't have a good leader. The 12th Fleet has 3 STF leaders that can get The Cure done under 2.5 hours with a inexperience group. I best time leading so far is 1h:20m with 3 inexperience players on my team. A good Team Leader makes sure everyone has the right setup for it's team makeup. Understands how to use each players skills, and have the right gear and weapons. Explain what they need to do and how to do it. And Voice Chat is a must for a smooth run.

This thread explain the Steamroller which is becoming very poplar with Fleets.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...=208286&page=2