View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-08-2011, 10:49 AM
This still counts as a new-b question I guess so instead of a new post, I'll just keep it here.

I made my mission after a 5 month break from the game and when I formatted the text, looking back, I did it a bit different then the standard STO missions. Mainly I used mission text for a lot of highlighting of key words and objectives and used OOC for the normal after dialog "Hey, do this" cliff-notes. In the experience of you folks with more time in the foundry, do you find that kind of format distracting and think things should be as much like the Cryptic missions as possible? Or is the highlighting of key words a welcome tool for reading the text?

Also, I got tired of seeing the "Continue" button in dialog everywhere. Although I left the captain dialog vague, do you find you or players prefer the simple continues in conversation and think the 'voice' of more personalized responses is a nuisance? Or do you like that stuff so long as it isn't appearing to direct your captain's mode of speech or action?