View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-08-2011, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Danger
I just want add this to what everyone else has said.

Don't worry that you need to get gear off of the exchange. You can get badges for exploration missions that can be used to get gear that is pretty good. And if you want to, PvP will give badges for gear along with EC. (but PvP can be slow at low levels) And there are a lot of mission rewards that are good also.

The nice thing about this game is it is not that gear centric. It is more skill based. You can even be pretty competitive in PvP without buying too much off of the exchange.
The game is forgiving in terms of having lower Mks of gear to a certain extent. But when you start hitting some extreme situations or certain foes (even with the Ground Combat problems), you'll want to have the best gear you can get. I specifically have Klingons in mind on the ground.

And at the rank Grades 8-10, the difficulty of enemies in space get's to be appreciable if you are still using lower Mk gear. You'll want to some better Mk gear (Shields and some of your weapons) to cut down on the difficulty a bit. I'm not saying enemies will be overwhelming but enemies will definitely be a bit more difficult than what you would be used to.