View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-12-2011, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks View Post
While you can't make a contact disappear, you can box in a hostile npc with invisible walls. They won't try to attack through invisible walls. Try building a box around the hostile version of the npc, then set up a trigger to make those walls disappear when you want them to attack.
I've tried it. It doesn't look pretty, i.e. the player bumps into an Invisible Wall if they get too close, and you have to somehow handle the left-over hostile NPC's. If you use a single hostile NPC, as far as I understand you're limited to animal-types and if you skin them with a regular enemy costume you'd get a Zombie....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
Ideally every single type of object should allow you to set triggers for visible and then to hidden. There's no reason it should be limited to details alone.
NPC Contacts are probably special because Cryptic doesn't want us to create missions where an NPC Contact may be a part of an objective but is set to disappear for whatever reason. We already have enough trouble with NPC Contacts getting killed by hostile enemies as it is.