View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-12-2011, 02:43 PM
This probably is a very individual decision and depends on how you think about storytelling and work with the Foundry.

For what it's worth, here's the system I'm using. I write all the dialoge in Word. That way I can check for spelling errors, read and reread (I find it much easier to do this in a Word document than in the Foundry editor), and make changes.

I only vaguely map out anything other than dialogue. I need to be in the Foundry and playing with maps and the like.

The only disadvantage that I've encountered writing out a Word document is that when I make changes to the dialogue in the Foundry, which I do from time to time, I either need to always cut and paste those changes to the original Word document (or the other way around) or accept a growing gap between my template and the actual mission.

I do, after the mission is done, go back and enter things like objects, placements, costumes, and the like in the original Word document. It's a pain and there are better ways, but doing it in a tortuously slow way like this makes me think about everything and reconsider decisions all the time.

Anyway, that's what I do. Best of luck with your mission-making.