View Single Post
Lt. Commander
Hi all! I'm the Foundry bug collector.

Here are some tips to writing good bug reports, taken from a post by Moshpet. (Edited slightly by me to better fit The Foundry.)

Quote:
I wanted you all to have the basic fundamentals so if you write a bug report out of game, you will be comprehend-able. I you attempt to use this format consistently, will help you to make clear, concise reports that will help the Devs and others to fix things faster.

Typically a good bug report should include the following bits of information. This isn't definitive, and by all means if you can improve on it, do so.

BUG:

Short summary.

Description:

A good description on what the bug is should go here. Also include your Project ID number.

CATEGORY :

If it's Map Editor, Story Editor, User Interface (UI), Graphics, Audio, Preview Mode, etc.

How to reproduce (If known.)

1- step 1
2- step 2 and so on.

Where you were when the bug occurred, zone/mission/ & /loc (if you know it.)
/loc is very helpful in that a GM/Dev can teleport right to that location and see (possibly) what you see.

#### <- Spacer Of some sort,

(So the person reading it can tell where the bug steps end easily.)

Commentary

Secondary thoughts, observations & so on, it's not always needed but, sometimes the extra feedback you provide will allow the Devs to find a solution faster.
Bugging Crashes

If you should happen to crash and the Cryptic Error Handler comes up, please include a description in the box of what you were doing at the time of the crash. Also, make a note of the number displayed in the center bottom of the box, and post that here for us.

Thanks, and happy mission building!