Thread: Delta Dailies?
View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-13-2011, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
It's easy and apparantly very boring. Why not try to make "grinding" missions less boring by sprinkling them with more variational elements?
Yeah, that was my main point. Variety is the spice of life. Repeating the exact same mission 10 times is just... M'yeah... Boring. Especially when it's something we've already done a hundred times before to get data for crafting. Give us something a little new. Maybe shuttle craft races? Soup up your machine and compete against others for fun and profit (throw in legal use of 'target engine subsystems' or general fighting amongst players along the way to the finish line)? I dunno. Something we haven't seen before. Could be amusing. Probably a terrible example... Who knows? Still. People get bored doing the same old rote stuff they've done before.

One of the reasons I loved the "What Lies Beneath" mission. So different from most other missions (Scan 5 XYZ, defeat 5 squads, defeat 5 squadrons, collect 5 anomalies, etc.; the stuff we've all seen and done a hundred times), if only because of the atmospheric quality and the general creepiness... I wish there were more missions like that, which were really unique and interesting... Though, honestly, I wish it let us keep the "emergency flashlight" as a bonus after the mission and I wish the beam of light was just A LITTLE wider. As it is, the flashlight was a pretty useless speck on the floor, for the most part.