View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-13-2011, 02:27 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. We never had any trouble leading the tac cube over to the left gate and "detonating" it there, but the gate runs just killed us. From what you've said so far, it definitely sounds like GW was what we were missing last time around. If I manage to get another group together, I'll make sure somebody has it. Would it be worth it to have two sci ships with GW so that each gate spawn is covered that way, or would that detract too much from dps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight
A Cruiser with EWP3 and Polarize Hull and FAW is prefer for KA. It kills the probes and spheres fast.
This I'm kind of surprised by. I fly a star cruiser and had my tac officer take FAW I (she also uses HYT II) a few weeks ago just to try it out, and I found that even combined with EPtW I and DEM II its damage was pretty much non-existent against mobs in standard solo missions. So, I dumped it again in favor of BO I. Did I miss something (cause you're not the first person to say that FAW is awesome, so I figure I did something wrong somewhere)?

I agree fully with the Polarize Hull, though; I always run with that and it's been a lifesaver against Borg many times.