View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 35
04-15-2011, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
[*]Re-Write a block to make things fit.
Take a few steps back and check how far back you need to retrace your steps to exclude something and still tell your story. Sometimes you need to omit something, and it sucks if you do, but taking a few steps backwards and getting yourself re-entered into something can really help you. Not having to fully scrap a story is always preferable.

In the end, that's what I ended up doing. My vision was to take advantage of a map containing a ramp. I wanted to have the player be JUST outside aggro distance, pop a dialog instructing the player to run back for their life as the path ahead was filled with an enormous amount of enemies. I was hoping to get about a dozen groups (spiders, actually) to aggro on the player while they were sprinting away.

In retrospect it was probably an ill conceived idea, especially since you can only get about 4 groups max to aggro on the player. If you're curious how it turned out, try out my latest mission "A trip down memory lane". The section I'm referring too is the second ground map, I think you'll recognize the area

However, thanks for the tips! Part of the fun is pushing the Foundry until it screams "SHE CANNA TAKE ANY MORE OF THIS!!"