View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-17-2011, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokikami View Post
I am shocked CBS would licence another mmo under the same ip simultaneously.
I'm shocked that you are shocked that a company would try to squeeze everything possible out of a popular IP like Star Trek. What else are you shocked by? Water being wet? The sky being blue?

Quote:
I think this proves that Cryptic has completely failed at delivering a worth while Star Trek MMO gaming experience.
I think you are wrong and if you look at how Infinite Space plays, they are two completely different types of games.

Quote:
So when not if Cryptic fails to deliver all the recent promises I at least know what I'll be playing.
I think you'll be playing both despite your cries of "DOOOOOOM!" STO isn't going to fold up shop because a browser-based MMO shows up.

Quote:
On a related note I wont be buying anything from the C-store until its clear this will be the better game and I implore all of you to do the same.
Why shouldn't we buy something on the C-store if we want it? Oh, because you implored us not to. Got it.

Quote:
Currently this "game" has no endgame and pvp is completely ignored, I wonder if this "game" will be the rp experience and if Star Trek Infinite Space will actually be a game.
Have you ever played a browser based game? I hope it is good, I like as much Trek games as possible - but I haven't been too impressed in the past with browser based efforts. I think maybe you are being a little overly dramatic.

I think TOR is likely to be a bigger problem for STO than Infinite Space.