View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 1 Grind Missions "Violation"
04-18-2011, 08:46 PM
I don't pretend that I don't make grind missions - I did, I had one KDF side that was largely popular.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~<GM Jahia>
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to make it your stance that we can not make grind missions, that's fine - as I have personally said before, I will stand by their legitimacy until there is such a time that a clear indication of them being against the terms of service is made. This generic letter does not cut it.

Yes, you will make the argument that they pulled it, and so that's their sign that it is the reason, but this is not a clear letter. They simply state it violated the EULA, and pointed you to the STO EULA, which addresses issues not directly related to the foundry, and the Foundry EULA predominately deals with the rights to access to Star Trek properties.

I am not asking you to concede to allowing Grind Missions, but what I am asking you is to make a very clear open *verbal* stance on this.

If it is your intention to make grind missions against the EULA/TOS, it should *say so in them*. Right now, the EULA link provided links to the STO EULA, and does not include the Foundry's EULA, which it should. And somewhere in the EULA, or in *any* of the Foundry FAQS, threads, or official postings, there needs to be an official statement that clearly defines that this is not the way to go.

Why, you ask? Yes, the people who had made these missions did get a removal notice. That doesn't stop anyone, and it isn't really informative to have angry anti-grind mission players throwing nonsensical reports or threats in forums, in channels, or in threads. Just make it a clear notice, and people can just point it at someone, and go.

Ambiguous mailers don't work, unclear EULA/TOS notices don't work. You need to be clear and concise, and we can just get this over with and move on.

The missions are either a violation, period. Or they are not a violation, period. You don't help yourself any by every once and awhile clearing out through the missions that will crop up as long as you don't visibly put your foot down on the matter.