Thread: AArrrghhh!
View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 1 AArrrghhh!
04-21-2011, 09:26 AM
I swear, this system is as arcane as the Necronomicon. I know WHAT I want to do, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how. I've looked at the tutorials and things, but I find it hard to understand without doing. Failing that, I'm here hoping someone can illuminate me.

The mission is supposed to go like this:

You recieve orders from Admiral T'Nae to go to a system near the Neutral Zone (Sienae). From there, you warp to the opening stanza of the mission.

As you approach the planet, you are confronted by an enemy, who does not attack, but instead talks to you, offering you a choice - leave or be destroyed. He gives you an hour to decide.

You transition to your briefing room where your officers give you information on several topics - the planet, the mission, and the enemy commander.

You return to the system and communicate again. If you leave, the mission ends. If you stay, you fight the enemy ship, plus more that appear behind you.

The main enemy ship should not be destroyed, but should escape.

You now beam down to the surface to meet a contact. Once you meet the contact, you transition to his home where he provides background on the situation.

That's as far as the narrative has gone in my mind. I have to figure out the rest of the story, but I can't even get through these basic openers. Can anyone illuminate me?