View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-21-2011, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.PFDennis
The tutorials over at StarbaseUGC helped me immensely, when I first started with the Foundry. Unfortunately, Cryptic does not include an in depth manual for it.
Yes I agree. I started out with the videos and worked around that. LOTS of trial and error.

Then Galactrix helped out some too. I did finally get the UGC character to display the name after I finally found out where to go to enter it.

I started each text session with a contact box then followed up with dialog boxes. That gives the player a chance to FIND the contact before starting the chat. I couldn't do the same with the ships in space so they could be harder to find.

I went ahead and published the mission, "The Lost Traveler" and tried it out with my main charactor. It took all of three minutes to publish.

I went through and completed a mission and didn't find any flaws or errors. I thought it was a good one really. My ship even got knocked down to 45% at one point which is rare for regular game play. Then I almost got killed on the ground! Rare for me like I say.

One thing, 5 out of 6 times that I tried to play from the editor from the beginning as a test, the whole program would crash and send and crash message to cryptic. Then I'd have to reboot the whole game and let it go through it's system check. Agrivating at best. It's a pretty buggy program.

Anyhow, I'll write another later. This one was, "The Lost Traveler."