View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 1160
04-21-2011, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allerka View Post
So anyway, the new Grey Knights codex is out. And now everyone plays Grey Knights, it seems. I'm using the codex to represent my Chapter's 1st Company with one list (which is 26 Terminators), and then I've got a second list of actual Grey Knights, which I haven't gotten to try yet.

Any thoughts on the army, the fluff, etc.?
Don't get me started. Seriously. If Matt Ward frakked things up bad with Blood Angels, hoo boy... he really did a number on my Grey Knights.

Terminators for the same price as vanilla, but with PE vs Daemons, and force weapons? Tactical squads with storm bolters and NFWs for 10 points over vanilla cost? NEMESIS ******N DREADKNIGHTS?

Put it this way. For 155 points, I can have a monstrous creature with a 2+ armor save that rerolls all its misses, failed wounds, and armor penetration rolls (on 2d6, being a monstrous creature) at strength 10. Basically, a half-price adrenalized venomous Carnifex with a Hive Tyrant (with Old Adversary) sitting right behind him. And then some.

I hate Matt Ward so much.

It makes me rage.

RAGE.

Edit: Oh, almost forgot. You can give the Dreadknight a Personal Teleporter which, because Matt Ward cannot write rules worth a damn, actually turns the Dreadknight into Jump Infantry. No, you didn't misread that. It doesn't make it move like Jump Infantry (like Tyranid monstrous creature wings, or Chaos Sorcerer wings), it actually changes its unit type to Jump Infantry. (see: Grey Knights codex, Personal Teleporters, Interceptor Squad entry, and Grey Knights codex, Army List section, Nemesis Dreadknight wargear)

Can anyone say "Apocalypse game with twelve Dreadknights embarked in a Storm Raven?" And because you disembark from the base on a Storm Raven, you could totally do it, too.