View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-24-2011, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmGillis View Post
Alright, to start off, I'm not an accolade grinder. I do not find it fun to sit through a mission that is nothing but giant fleets of Borg, one after the other, with no point other than to grind accolades. But, ever since Cryptic started removing Foundry missions that are listed as accolade grinders, I've stumbled across another problem: people making grinders that are disguised as real missions.
Yep. When they're openly allowed, there will only ever be one Borg Accolade mission, because that's all anyone ever needs. When they're banned, there are thousands, because everyone still wants one, but nobody can make one that everyone else can just use; so everyone rolls their own and hides it. This also seem to be an unintended consequence of the crackdown on the explosion grinds; even though Cryptic said they don't mind missions where you have to fight 1,000 enemies and kill them the old fashioned way, people apparently took the policy to cover all "straight combat" or "non storyline" missions. Cryptic has conspicuously not removed about 10 or 12 of the original, advertised ground and space "accolade" missions, yet people are apparently now recreating these under cover anyway, since they perceive them to be banned.