View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-28-2011, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th
In honesty I'm glad there wasn't - the PVP community at the minute isn't always the nicest place, but it's also quite neglected and I think that's reflected by it's attitude - it can be a harsh environment for newer players and doesn't necessarily reflect the community as a whole.
I've yet to play a primarily PvE driven MMO where the vocal portion of the PvP community doesn't fit this description. When a game isn't primarily PvP driven, PvP mechanics, and sometimes content, take a back seat a bit, usually because the PvP community in these kinds of games is quite a bit smaller, and play for less hours overall, or at least PvP for less hours then PvE players play. If PvPers had a better concept of what their demographic looked like they might be able to be more understanding and build better relationships with the devs of these MMOs, and get better compromises.

All that isn't to say that I don't think more can't or shouldn't be done for PvP in STO, but more an observation on the typical PvP demographic.