Thread: Map Transitions
View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-29-2011, 08:11 AM
To cause a map transition to occur, simply add the next objective to your story on another map. When all the objectives on the first map have been accomplished, then the Foundry will automatically cause the map transition dialogue to pop up. You'll see the transition dialogue in your story as well after you add an objective on a different map (I agree the system is not immediately intuitive).

As for the ready room, that's because the Foundry bridges are bugged and have invisible walls blocking access to the ready room from the bridge. I believe the generic (Miranda) bridge has a working ready room. Galaxy bridge is blocked by an invisible wall, I believe most of the others have doors that won't open. So if you want to access the ready room try using the generic bridge.

Here is another possible work around using the Galaxy bridge. Place a wall just slightly in front of the door to the ready room, in order to block it off (you'll want to put it as close in a possible while still having it cover up the old wall, so you don't lose a lot of space). Then put a door 07 opening onto the bridge from the ready room access hallway. This will basically give you a little area inside the "end cap" where you can put a desk and a console or two and use it as a little ready room.