View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 43
04-30-2011, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
I think my BOs warped around a bit too. I'm not sure the invisible wall will solve the problem for sure, but it's just a suggestion that might help. In the mission I've been working on I've started to make liberal use of invisible walls to counter situations where BOs warp through. It's a very irritating problem in my mission because at several points there's a wall with a force field and you're supposed to assess the situation and then lower it, but the BOs can ruin it by jumping through and aggroing prematurely.

If I have a chance I can try playing through again with a Fraps recording going, and then upload it to Youtube.
That would be amazing. On the whole, this mission leaves me feeling a lot less ambitious about any future plans for custom terrain... or at least phasing terrain. Still plan for lots of customization but, in the future, I plan to use the details as, well, details more.

Frankly, at this point, I'm starting to hope that choosing away team sizes aren't too far off and I could just retune this one. I'm also curious if it will fix itself if they close the shooting through walls bug.

But a lot of what I want to do just isn't very compatible with BO pathing, apparently. And I'd rather move on to do more missions than get stuck on bug fixes. I'm not abandoning this one but I couldn't handle 8 just like it without making a job out of it.

Oh... And weird question: do you use the keyboard or the mouse to move? I'm wondering if the angles people move and turn at makes a difference here.