View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-01-2011, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
I wish had placeholders for making exploration missions (i.e. selecting which aliens would make sense for the mission and having wildcard dialogue to match them).

That said, the devs might have a really clever approach for exploration in the future.
I thought about this for the various Exploration Sector revamp threads we had on the forums.

And I thought how to do it in the Foundry, while still having something playable.
If we want to "demo" improved exploration missions, with such placeholders, one could write the mission in mind with needing such place holders.

One could either write:

"The [alien race] have attacked this colony. They are in search of [alien race object of interest]. It is unlikely they will actually find anything on the colony, but t his doesn't reduce the threat they pose to the colonists."

Or, alternatively, if we want to to make this more readable and immersive, one could just mark the place holders with a different color.

"The Borg have attacked this colony. They are in search of Omega Molecules. It is unlikely they will actually find anything on the colony, but this doesn't reduce the threat they pose to the colonists."

or

"We have detected nadion traces in the destroyed wrecks. Those are typical signs of Cardassian weapon technology."