View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-03-2011, 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
I definitely am not going to place players in combat situation where their Bridge Officers are required. The only way I think content may break if Bridge Officers are present is trying to set up a situation where the player has a choice whether or not to fire on NPC's, did you come up with any other such situations?

What I'm saying is... Say you have a narrow hallway or a series of ramps that go up to the sky. The presence of bridge officers may lead to bugs or, say, aggro enemies at the bottom of a cliff after they fall off. And walls, invisible or otherwise, won't necessarily box them in.

The mission may break if they bring bridge officers along.

And not everyone knows HOW to use waypoints. I had a mission on tribble that instructed people to drop their BOs off in a certain spot and leave them behind to fight enemies while they do something else. That confused a lot of people and some people willfully ignored the instruction because they didn't want to.

I don't want missions that break if people can't or don't follow instructions. Fail? Maybe. But not break.

And abandoning BOs is tricky. The game increasingly has failsafes to prevent BOs from getting trapped away from the player.