View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-04-2011, 10:05 AM
I'm finding the foundry tools really aren't up to par with what I'm trying to accomplish at this point. I have written a story outline for a few episodes, but the requirements to accomplish some of the things in the story will just take too much time at this point. I'll probably just work on some of the assets and characters for now (as long as I can figure out how to backup and re-import them into other maps). I could probably make the foundry do what I want, but I know as soon as it would support some of these methods and more customization with ground maps - that I'd just end up re-doing all the work using the correct methods. I'll give it a month or so and see where things stand after season 4. I don't want to sacrifice story in order to make things "work"..

When it comes to story, I want to be able to bring the player into the locations, and not hack maps of other missions just to make them work.. I think the foundry is great and only going to get better, so I'll give it some time, and work on things that I can do now that will carry over when things are to the point I need them.

I'm in no rush, as the story will be there ready to be told when things are where I need them.

Thanks for all the suggestions, if I decide to go the route of "trap doors" and things, I'll give them a try - or figure out a way to explain the situation in the story..

Thanks again!

- X -