View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-07-2011, 09:24 AM
OK, I played through Tygokor again. I gave you 3 stars.

Combat: It was OK as is on Lieutenant General level. I died three times in the first space battle with the Command Ship and the Carrier. My fitting is quite good, but perhaps I wasn't fully awake yet. The rest of the battles were a piece of cake. Support during the first space battle with the carrier and command... Yeah, they are dead so quickly you could just leave them out. (3 stars)

Technical: I could not complete the last map, because your Romulan Commander got killed by AOE weapons. I remember that happened the first time with the Original version, too.
(But I replayed the map back then...) Simple solution: Make the objective a reach marker and spawn in the commander after the battle with the two squads guarding him. (1 star) (for now)

Maps: Some are quite nice. I have seen better, I have created far worse. (4stars)

Story: This would be a great LAST episode in a series. As a standalone it feels a bit like: Get out all the big guns and then blast them for no reason. But thats only my opinion.
It also feels pretty straight forward. No optional objectives, no branching dialogue. (2 stars)

I think you could easily get 4 or even 5 stars from me, if you improved the story and made that little change on the technical problem mentioned.

Hope that helps.

PS I think I also played "Hunter Killer" the other day and if I remember right, I gave it a good review. I would have to check, too many "Hunter" or "Hunt" missions out there.