# 12 Mission Blackbox Recording
05-07-2011, 01:27 PM
ENCRYPTION CODE: Black
PUBLIC KEY: File / Colonial
RECORDED BY: Codename Kestrel
SUBJECT: Reflection, Taking Inventory.
CLASSIFICATION: Eyes Only, Federation Intelligence: Section 1, Directive XXD-X3
/Start File/ Decryption Protocol
>>>>>> Start Playback, Text Only. Warning: Dissemination of any information contained within may be grounds for a General Court Martial, imprisonment, and Dishonorable Discharge from Starfleet.
>>>>>> This assignment has been harder than I had ever imagined it would be and this is the first down time I've had in three days, hopefully tonight I'll be getting the first rest in just as long. Without any doubt, the Klingons will soon own this world and all of its resources. They've obviously made this decision a long time ago and no amount of our fleet, nor soldiers for that matter, are going to contradict them on this point. The Fleet Flyboys have been doing their best to get any and all civilians off-world before the inevitable happens, I myself have had several opportunities to escape but my mission remains too important to walk away from.
>>>>>> My fate now seems all but determinate and as I come to grasp with being marooned here before the impending change of management I have precious time to take inventory on what I have left. Any good operator or soldier will tell you their weapon is their best friend, this is true of my TR-116, though I am finding that my true love has been a knife given to me by my instructors before I graduated the Intelligence Operative Training courses. It's a type of knife commonly called a "Balisong" or "Butterfly Knife" that originated in the Philippines back on Earth, honestly when I first got my hands on it I believed it to be nothing but a trick weapon, useless on the actual battlefield.
>>>>> In the time since then I have had ample time to practice with this weapon, get good at throwing it, using its compact design to hit and fade in crowds and since arriving on this colony have even stood toe-to-toe with a few Klingons with smaller knives when they got in too close for either my phaser or rifle to be effective. It's longer than most knives of its kind, the blade being eight inches of polished steel. The two handles are an opalescent white, matching my cloak armor. More and more I find myself relying on it and more and more I realize just how important it was to bring with me. I'm going to make it a point to find my trainer and buy him a drink if I somehow survive this. I owe him more than I could ever hope to express and I just hope that what I am doing ends up making some difference.
>>>>> Going to have to end here, I need rest and I have a feeling tomorrow will end up being an interesting day to say the least. For the record, and in case I don't make it out of here it should be noted that the primary objective has been completed, I have destroyed the database at the S-31 complex located in grid reference G-6 and am now onto a target of opportunity, an Undine infiltrator that may be trying to get off-world posing as a prominent member of this colony's government. Per the directive recently passed, I will neutralize this threat at all means necessary.
>>>>> Recording Ends. Reason: Terminated by User