View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-10-2011, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
I like to read (most of) your reviews, but I think you could do better ones, if you studied the Foundry editor and its limitations a bit.
All authors have to work within the limitations of their chosen medium.

In most cases it makes no sense to have people just stand around and ignore a pitch battle, so an author should take steps to avoid that.

I have played with the Foundry a bit, and I am aware of most of the limitations. But I am reviewing stories, not the limitations of the Foundry tools. And I am reviewing them from the point of view of someone who isn't a Foundry author. Why? Because most of the people who play and rate your missions are not Foundry authors. They're not going to cut authors any slack for issues that they're not aware of and so I don't either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
Along the lines of what Leirus is saying the beeping noises occur because all ground interacts have that noise. We can set the animations, but the noise will always be various bleeps and bloops.
I've interacted with a lot of people in the Foundry that don't beep like a starship control panel when I talk to them. If they do so it's because of a design decision made by the author, and I mark down for that. People don't beep like a computer when you talk to them. Once again, the author has to work within the limitations of the tools that he has available to him.