View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-15-2011, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
If I understand what you're asking, then it's not possible if the quest is in the story tab. But, if it involves a fetch question, like choose which princess to save, then it is possible by setting the other quest objects to go invis if the player picks the other. Please check out parts 5 and 6 of my Triggers series. It's probably not a great fit for the exact thing that you're trying to do, but it could help.
Can you link them for me.

I know how to use triggers. But I don't think it's possible to trigger them as such.

The 3 choices people can make in my quest determines which type of quest they do, where they need to go to do it.

In this case I have 3 contacts on DS9

1 gives out - Mission type 1

2nd gives out - Mission type 2

3rd gives out - Mission type 3

Missions 2 and 3 tie into mission 1 as far as plot/content goes.

The problem I am having right now is if a person chooses Mission Type 3 - everything works fine for that, except they can't "complete" the overall quest because they would be forced to do Mission type 1 and 2 before completing the quest

In the dialogue flow it would be classified as "Complete all" which there is no way to seperate it that I've figured out yet. If I can seperate them it would be easy to link it into the original quest line.

If I understand what you are saying, If a person chooses Mission Type 3 - then Mission types 1 and 2 self defeat.

Is it possible to do that way when all 3 missions are in a "Complete All" dialogue state?