View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-16-2011, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
i personally am quite self aware of using captain level mobs with enemies that have medics. i avoid them. i did make a commander level group with the mirror universe and even though i ripped through them in about 3 minutes, other have complained they are too hard, as they just run into a bad spawn and get more than one medic. i dont want to make it any easier and if someone cant beat a commander spawn then ill just take the bad rating on the chin.

i think this is something cryptic need to fix, but for the moment if i cant complete a mission it gets one star. if you use a captain level mob and you know there is a chance of a medic then its a risk you take and you should be prepared to get bitten for it.
Ultimately, I think it must come down to writing carefully. The mobs should be scaled to be the most difficult ones possible. Anything less than maximum level can be interpreted as creating an exploit I-win map. By the same token, you should make sure not to include too many mobs as this could be seen as exploitative as well. It is better to create a one-star map then to push the envelope, in your writing process, and risk breaking the foundry rules.