View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 85
05-18-2011, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFP-Magnis View Post
Twisting someone words and not taking them for face value is not nice or allowed. Please dont do that.
Canon is not broken. All ships are represented in the game based upon their value as well as their time period which is fine. Some people wish for a constitution to work like a 25th century ship. While many wish to ignore the time reference of ship design as well as every ship in game being represented based upon its time frame.

Again I say all ships are represented in game based upon their time frame as well as power allocations. Please try to show examples when you make a reference. It helps for one to understand your point. As the rules state do not call someone wrong because you dont agree with them. You should show your side without calling them wrong as I have done numerous times.

example a T5 excelsior is the lokota which is something starfleet created via DS9. The vulcans had science ships in the late 24th century and created ships that are capable of doing what the STO version does. Many of the T5 ships are special in all respecs to late time frame.

All ship designs are in balance with how ships worked from the show or at least close to it. The connie is in the game as an iconic representation of captain kirk and well as the NX being the first warp 5 ship. If you wish to fly that ship through the whole game then it will be a challenge but I dont see why you cant add higher gear and play. People arent against the connie but the mere fact that no such ship was ever created in a class of superior fire power or abilities. Tradition of over 40 years seems to not be taken into consideration. Lets just ignore it for the sake of ignoring it. T5 ships are the way they are due to their technical specifications and iconic stance. I dont see how a connie should be able to stand up against a soverign or for that matter a galaxy.

In closing as I think the situation has ended. the latest ask cryptic did answer the clause that CBS feels that such a design of a ship should not happen. You may ignore the asnwer but now i see some do not care about answers and just will consider a no not a no. its funny but yeah its sucks to see such attributes in the end.
This is full of so many jokes, I hesitate to start naming them all...I will say that you need to at least use Google and do a bit of research. Most of what yo have said isnt just a bit off...its very wrong....saying that , in STO, cannon is preserved. Thats so funny its almost maddening.

If you really need, I can list some resons for you, but Cannon is shattered..and even a blnd man in a concrete bunker, 2 miles below the Earths surface, can see that.

Oh, and, considering that post of yours a while back, where you were rude, insulting, and condescending becuse you thought the poster was wrong about the phaser tech...well, lets just say that telling others to be polite after seeing you be so nasty is very funny indeed.