View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-24-2011, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo

while i posses no artistic skills myself, perhaps a drawing contest as well? or maybe something involving Photoshop? for our many talented designers, like a design the cover your star trek novel/literary peice, or just a general star trek poster...
I'm the same way in regards to art but I know there are many talented artists out there. A visual thread (if pikchars will be allowed) would be great. Here's some other ideas:
  • A link on the launcher.
  • Some kind of highlighting on the main page, like the news gallery.
  • A biweekly/monthly promotion of the best from each thread on the news gallery/launcher
A lot of MMOs, certainly those I've seen with development houses east of Greenwich tend to have these humongous community portals where players can interact with each other. I'm not saying anything like that, but they promote their community on the front page; I personally feel that is important. I hate to make the comparison but TOR's regular community spotlight does have its merits.

I respect you are but one person WishStone so don't over do it. This so far has been awesome and I know people are reading if not posting. Let's get more doing the same!