View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-30-2011, 07:59 AM
Anniversary - The Silver Age

January 7th, 2011 - Dstahl is getting tired of the all the KDF complaints and posts; "If you don't like the speed at which the car is moving - your options are to jump out or watch the DVD in the back seat and eat some cheerios." AND: "Overnight armchair quarterbacks aside, the dev team is constantly improving the KDF for the 12% of our player base who play them."

January 27th, 2011 - Cryptic_Gozer posts; "The community ASSUMED that meant that both factions would have full PVE content."
He's immediately corrected, and never again mentions his attempt to rewrite history.

January 28th, 2011 - To be fair though, dstahl did discuss Gozer's comments

January 28th, 2011 - Vulcan D'Kyr Science Vessel, an exact copy of the Gorn Varanus in all but looks (the ship's shipyard data entry even says Varanus instead of D'Kyr), is released to Tribble for testing.

January 29th, 2011 - Cryptic has ignored issues KDF players have with the Varanus for over 3 months. But when Federation players request an increase in the turn rate for the Vulcan D'Kyr, for the exact same reasons that Klingon players wanted an increase in the Varanus' turn rate, a developer responds with 24 hours of it hitting the test server saying they'll increase the turn rate of the D'Kyr.

January 30th, 2011 - In an interview with Computer Ed, Dan Stahl says; "The Klingon faction ... first it was going to be PvE then it became PvP..."
This PROVES that it was originally their intent to make the Empire a full PvE faction just like the Federation. From the mouth of the executive producer himself.

February 2nd, 2011 - One Year Anniversary! Earth Space Dock has received an overhaul to its interior. We're told that Qo'noS will get an update too, sometime in the future.

February 3rd, 2011 - Four Foundry missions are ported from Tribble (test server) to Holodeck (live server). Despite multiple KDF missions being suggested in StormShade's official thread, and in other threads, they decide to port 3 Starfleet and only 1 KDF mission to Holodeck.

February 24th, 2011 - Dstahl posts; "As far as Kerrat and KDF content in general, the big update is coming with the launch of Season 4."
So the belief that Season 4 will be big for the Empire isn't something that just came from rumors and rampant speculation.

March 25th, 2011 - Starfleet captains can now craft their own Delta Flyers! The KDF doesn't get anything to craft of course.

March 25th, 2011 - Dstahl posts: "More than half of the team is working on Klingon content for Season 4 at the moment, so I can assure that I remain committed to improving the KDF faction and have done so with every release."
Once again the executive producer saying that Season 4 will be big for the Empire.

March 28th, 2011 - The Foundry goes live on Holodeck

April 8th, 2011 - Dan Stahl posts: "The team continues to release Klingon improvements with every major update, and Season 4 will be no different. KDF costume customization options, new Gorn, new KDF tutorial, Start as a KDF with your first toon, KDF Duty Officer Assignments, releveleved KDF PVE content, opening up more KDF sectors - its all in the works.

As I've said in numerous interviews - don't take me at my word - just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that."

That sounds pretty concrete to me.

May 13th, 2011 - S_Wall posts: KDF tutorial - postponed, Klingon Academy - postponed, Updated Qo'noS - in Season 4, Qo'noS side missions - postponed
Wow. That's a sudden change from dstahl's posts on April 8th, March 25th, and February 24th.

May 14th, 2011 - Captain_Geko states in an interview on STOked, that Qo'noS "is not likely to go into Season 4 at this time."

May 16th, 2011 - Dstahl posts that Gorn Customization and a reworked Qo'noS will be in Season 4
So those two things are in, but after reading that engineering report it's looking less and less likely that Season 4 will be big for the Empire.

May 21st, 2011 - Salami_Inferno announces that, as part of the remastered missions, Starfleet will get a special mission reward that lets them summon a bank in sector space. Only after KDF players start asking about it does he announce that the Empire will get one as well, but it won't be in game until Season 4. However, it turns out that they were able to get it done and in game at the same time Starfleet gets the Azura Com after all.

May 23rd, 2011 - Mhighison posts that the devs aren't even planning on making the Swordmaster Greatcoat available to players

May 26th, 2011 - Mhighison posts; "The skirts and badges I've mentioned here are indeed Fed only, because they are Fed Uniform parts. Getting a Klingon faction skirt is on my list of extras I want to squeeze in before for Season 4."
Starfleet, which already has a wide selection of comm badges and skirt options, is getting a bunch more. The KDF, which has none, might get some squeezed in for Season 4.

May 27th, 2011 - The Remastered Doomsday Machine episode goes to Holodeck - Starfleet players are able to wear the KDF Swordmaster Greatcoat and get a KDF Harg'Peng torpedo. KDF players do not get either of these things.

July 7th, 2011 - SEASON 4 - Season of the Empire (supposedly)

The Federation has far more content and options (as well as far less bugs) than the Empire does. red_shirt_ started a great thread that has some numbers that show just how great the disparity is.

At launch the KDF had several things that Starfleet did not: Bat'leths, Cloaking Devices, Universal Bridge Officer Slots, Orion Slave Chicks, and later Carriers. Starfleet has acquired all of these things, except for Carriers, but they did get other space pets in the form of separated saucers and MVAM.

This has removed everything unique about the Empire and means that the Klingon Faction has nothing to offer a player that they can't get far more of (and with less bugs) Federation side.