View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 62
06-01-2011, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
At what time do you play?

Could you stop it? I wouldn't mind playing premade vs premade all the time, but there are simply no other premades out there when I play. But on the other hand this means that this one lonely TSI half-premade group that I play with won't disturb your pugging all that much.
Most of the suggestions have been to have a solo queue, and a solo+team queue. I think it's safe to assume that most of the better (or cockier) solo players would still queue for solo+team. Most of the time I don't care if I fight a premade, but I'll admit that there are times when I just don't want to deal with it. Fighting the same team over and over really sucks, especially if the team is built to exploit whatever the FOTM over-powered twink tactic of the day is.

If a team of 5 FAW-boats shows up, a PUG is not beating them unless they get extremely lucky both in the group make-up, and in the experience level. Running up against two or three teams in the row all using the same cheese is enough to make a solo player do pretty much anything else to avoid them.

I've seen a couple of posters in this thread (not saying you are one of them) suggesting that the solution is for solo players to team up. Maybe that's good advice, but doing that would put them in the solo+team queue, so the premades would still have people to fight.

Having a solo-only queue isn't an alternative to solo+team, it's an alternative to playing Rock Band. I think the better (or more cocky) solo players would still queue to fight premades most of the time. But having another option other than quitting during those times when you run into a string of unlucky pairings would be really nice. If nothing else it would give less experienced PvPers a bit less competetive queue to learn in.