View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 65
06-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
On the risk of repeating myself - forget kill/death ratios or healing and damage counts. You can track them, if you want, I think there is nothing wrong on that.

But renown should be primarily determined by win/matches ratio.

I think there being some kind of "weight" modifier attached to it based on the enemies own renown probably makes sense, but that is pretty much it. (This encourages players not to just prey on the weak...)
I agree wins and losses should be the main way to earn "renown". Was just suggesting that offering an alt method to start gaining some, so we don't have people getting frustrated after loosing 10 matches and just leaving pvp behind. As far as a system that would encourage preying on the weak, I would suggest that perhaps under a set level you would gain ZERO on a kill.... Say 4 levels below you or something. So if you where say Rank 9 and your opponents where rank 4 you would get ZERO renown for killing them. Winning the match yes, but killing the lower ranked players no. Perhaps something like 100% on level +10% renown for each level above you... and -25% for each level below you ?