View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 57
06-07-2011, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
Cryptic needs to get a lawyer to address these issues, or sit down with CBS/Paramount and clarify what is actually allowed. Just saying "err on the side of caution" isn't cutting it. How about rewriting the Foundry terms of use so it actually makes sense and actually says what it prohibits, rather than current method of adding ad hoc amendments whenever a dev responds? The terms of use is getting stupider and more convoluted as time goes on.
Yes, they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
What I take away from this is people need to stop asking what's allowed. Just do your thing based on your good faith reading of the Terms of Use. Worst case scenario, your reading is wrong and your mission is taken down. But the truth is, the enforcement mechanism is such that unless something truly egregious is done, you're not going to end up on the radar screen. Few would have had a clue what the IKS Klothos was if Azurian hadn't made the mistake of asking, and I guarantee no one would have reported it. The mission could have been up for years no problem, but he made the mistake of drawing attention to the issue.
I don't like this, you're making like I ruined the Foundry for everyone for wanting to know where that fine line was. I wanted to maximize my story telling potential without violating the EULA. After all CBS was so gracious enough to Trek fans to give us this degree of official freedom of story telling, I wanted to respect that by honoring the conditions. That and I didn't want to have my 2 months of hard work being flushed down the toilet.