View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 60
06-07-2011, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chooch99 View Post
If you make a mission and are on the fence whether you crossed a line, just publish it and if someone catches it they will tell you to change it. The only way to weed out some of these gray areas is to just do it and see what happens. But leave room for the possibility you may have to change it enough where it won't destroy the "spirit" of what you made.

Another thing that solves these issues is create your own "legends" in your own personal canon, create a history consistent with npc's and their deeds over a course of time your missions will create their own backstory of unique characters within the Trek lore, make a Klingon captain as legendary as Koloth and make his ship name, have the ship be mentioned even after the character is first introduced and eventually the satisfaction of planting your own seeds into the lore will bear fruit.

And no EULA concerns to boot
Well for the most part that is true in making your own personal canon.

But my Foundry mission was all about experiencing the Battle of Klach D'Kel Bracht, which was one brief thing mentioned by Kor during DS9. So instead of a Time Travel Episode, I made it into a Holosuite Program.

So instead of seeing Kor, you would be Kor. But since that is likely to violate the EULA, I changed it that you was another hero within that battle, being directed through one of Kor's subordinates. So I wanted to show the Klothos, to reflect imersion into partcipation into a historical battle.

Which now, even that has to be referenced.