View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 136
06-09-2011, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zejak View Post
An old Klingon friend of mine told me a story once, hmmm I think it went like this.

Long ago, a storm was heading for the city of Quin'lat. Everyone took protection within the walls except one man who remained outside. Kahless went to him and asked what he was doing. "I am not afraid," the man said. "I will not hide my face behind stone and mortar. I will stand before the wind and make it respect me." Kahless honored his choice and went back inside. The next day, the storm came, and the man was killed. Kahless replied, "The wind does not respect a fool".

To use a scout ship to strike a blow on a larger ship is one thing, but to do so blatantly in the open knowing what will happen, but determined to do it. Not smart, but it is your choice.

A BOP at least uses strategy of battle cloaking to move to a more advantagous location.
The Raptor is not a foolish old man spitting in the face of the wind. The Raptor is a cloaked sword capable of lining up one perfect shot. That shot won't win the fight but it will give you the upper hand, if you're good enough, and afterwards it's the skill of the pilot and crew that carry the day. You may prefer the 'strategy' of a million tiny knife cuts from a Bird of Prey, but don't call us fools for bringing a sharper, longer blade and the confidence in our skill to forsake a battle cloak.