View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-09-2011, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeneezergoode
As far as I know, the BoPs that have wingtip cannons and inboard cannons tend to go like this.

Beam Banks/Dual Heavy Cannons - Wingtip hardpoints
Beam Arrays/turrets - fore and aft hull hardpoints
Dual Cannons - Inboard cannon hardpoints
Have to agree with Ebeneezergoode on this, since I tend to use mostly Dual Beams and Beam Arrays.
I have tried Cannons and Dual Cannons, but they are not what I like... at least not the Dual Cannons with the 45' firing arc, it took me a while to get used to Dual Beams as well so who knows I will upgrade to Dual Cannons in the future... :p

On the Qul' Dun BoP the weapons fired from this location:
1. Dual Beams Arrays go from wingtips.
2. Single Beam Arrays from the nose tip.
3. Dual (heavy) Cannons from the wingtips
4. Single Cannons have no set location and get fired from the exact center seen from front to back of the ship near the so-called mission pods

Note:
My main currently has a Heg'ta Heavy BoP and 1+2 are the same, the Dual Cannons get fired from mounted gun emplacements under the wing close to the hull. So far haven't tried Single Cannons and Dual Heavy Cannons so I really don't know, but as far as logic dictates DHC get fired the same as DC like on the Qul'Dun.

Ending note:
This is only the Qul'Dun and Heg'ta BoP's, not sure if other BoP's have different weapon firing locations. I still have all tiers of BoP from my main so could check if people want to know... It will take time.