reman or breen shields on science
View Single Post
Join Date: Dec 2007
06-09-2011, 10:28 AM
Covariant shields are really the only shields worth using the other types are worthless...
Resilient Shield Array's have 5% less total capacity and regeneration over the normal shield array and normal shield arrays are complete garbage. The only thing u get is 5% less bleed through vs. the standard 10% which isnt enough to make them worth while.
Regenerative Shield Array's have 15% less total capacity but 25% higher regeneration over the normal shield array which even with your shield power setting set to full will be less than the normal incoming damage and also will require you to gimp a more useful power setting such as weapons or aux.
I honestly think the breen set is total garbage the boost to transphasics at the most brings them up to the lvl of barely competitive with other torpedoes and the Energy Siphon is just useless. Mind you that in addition to the lack luster set bonus your giving up the far better set bonus of either the borg or aegis set which either mitigates damage or regenerates shields.