View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-09-2011, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothnang
That pretty much is the build I'm using on my ship for when I want to heal except for scramble and the tac stuff, and I honestly don't think it's that effective.

The giant drawback with that build is simply this: A cruiser is still a better healer, and can dish out solid ammounts of damage at the same time, you can't.

What happens with that kind of setup is pretty much this: 5 minutes into the match your opponent goes "Wait a minute, every time I try to kill something there is these green beams and it lives, where are those coming from...?" and then the next time you heal someone they will just instantly switch targets and burn you down. From that point forth you're a second rate cruiser, having to save all your heals for yourself without the ability to dish out any damage.

Science Fleet, Dampening Field and Sensor Scan are all captain abilities, you could use them on any ship.
Read my post next time instead of skipping to the builds, exactly the kind of skimming that I wanted to avoid....